International Desk: The 10th of October 2018, Lallemand team organized a seminar in Joypurhat, Bangladesh area to present 3 of its poultry solutions to improve GUT health, reduce antibiotic use and increase general zootechnical performances: LEVUCELL SB Titan, BACTOCELL and AGRIMOS. Local Feed Millers, Enterprenour, Farmersr, Nutritionist were attend that Seminar.
Mr. Jean-Baptiste Soula who is the Poultry technical manager of Lallemand given the brief of main topics. He also given the solution of variation questions from Feed millers and Farmers.
Lallemand, Bangladesh Country Manager Mr. Khurshid Anwar was also attend the seminar. He Introduce the presence with Mr. Jean-Baptiste Soula and given the speech about poultry problem and sollutions.
Mr. Jean-Baptiste Soula & Mr. Khurshid Anwar also visit local (Joypurhat) farms and feed mill in that journey.
Lallemand is a Canadian company specialized for more than 100 years in probiotic development. Today, Lallemand is one of the leader in this activity with 30 factories throughout the world and more than 1000 probiotic strains collection.
1. LEVUCELL SB Titan is designed for pelleted feeds, especially for broilers. Levucell SB Titan is a live yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae boulardii, which has a very complete mode of actions:
- Oxygen scavenging that will reduce the development of aerobic pathogen bacteria such as Campylobacter and Salmonella
- Bacteria and toxins binding and inactivation, especially active against Coli, Clostridium and Salmonella
- Activation of endogen enzymes for a better digestion and FCR
- Protection and maturation of GUT cells through different mechanisms such as a higher growth of villi and a higher resistance of enterocytes tight junctions to reduce pathogen translocation
Levucell SB TITAN is the only probiotic registered in Europe for its specific action against Salmonella and the zootechnical performances collected show an average of 35% reduction mortality and a FCR improvement of 3 points.
2. BACTOCELL is designed for mash feeds, especially for laying hens and breeders. Bactocell is a live bacteria, Pediococcus acidilactici, which is able to produce lactic acid (L+ Highly biodigestible) in the GUT of the animals. Two main benefits will result from this lactic acid production:
- Lactic acid is an available energy source for the birds. Studies has shown that level of Metabolizable Energy can be reduced by 50 Kcal/kg of complete feed for at least same performances with Bactocell
- Lactic acid will reduce intestinal pH and create a good environment for benefic digestive bacteria and an unfavorable environment for pathogens such as E.Coli, Clostridium, Streptococcus bacteria…
In the end, Bactocell brings +10 eggs per laying hens over the global laying cycle with an improvement of FCR, increase of egg weight and eggshell strength.
3. AGRIMOS, a very high quality prebiotic made of yeast extract for all kind of poultry feeds. The yeast strains used and the very specialized production process allow this product to have very high levels of MOS (Mannan Oligo Saccharides) and B-Glucans:
- MOS from Agrimos are very effective for toxin and pathogen bacteria binding making them inactive in the poultry GUT
- B-Glucans activate immunity of birds especially macrophages for a better resistance in case of pathogen challenge
AGRIMOS enhances global poultry performances such as Body Weight, FCR and mortality, especially during stressful or challenge conditions.
Lallemand can bring to his customers a very complete range of solutions dedicated to higher zootechnical performance and antibiotic reduction.